Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Weekly, Sannah Kvist







Swedish photographer Sannah Kvist photographed students with a pile of all of their possessions in a pile in a corner titled "All I Own". This work is relevant considering I live on campus and am forced to move around a lot, and am forced to contemplate why I own some of the things I do, as are a lot of others (look at the dumpsters at the end of the spring semester near on campus housing!). This work pertains to consumerism and shows that no matter how little space we have, we will find a way to fill it with useless things. I remember a time when I was moving out of one apartment into another and had to pile all of my things in a corner in a temporary apartment in between leases and looked just as distraught as the students in these images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment