Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekly Post - Ali Bosworth by Alli



These photographs by Ali Bosworth are of a girl named Sinead. They are sort of an archive of their relationship with each other, but he explains it as not being a good one.  He says that their relationship has changed his photography and the way he photographs. A quote from him in an interview that I thought was interesting was, “I think the topic of Sinéad as a subject in my photographs is an interesting one but I don’t think I am the best person to speak on it. I like hearing other peoples readings of it.” After reading the interview on Sinead it makes me feel as if they may have a relationship that is very up and down, and that maybe they have been through a lot with each other, but his photographs don’t really say that. The say more like although they may have been through a lot Ali Bosworth can appreciate every bit of it.
I like the way Ali Bosworth captures Sinead. They seem very intimate and without reading his interview I get the feeling that they have a very close and adventurous relationship. I also get the feeling that he has very deep feelings for her, most of the time the photographs of Sinead are of guard, so he is photographing Sinead in the moment  capturing her emotion and what she is doing. The way he photographs them, to me, shows that he can appreciate capturing these things about her. Everything about the photographs of her feels very natural. They don’t look staged at all or like he set up the photograph to be taken, and I can appreciate that.



No comments:

Post a Comment